Woodrow Wilson Middle School
1813 Carter Road
Roanoke, VA 24015
Phone: 540-853-2358 Fax: 540-853-2004
Home of the Presidents
“You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world.”
― Woodrow Wilson
Woodrow Wilson Middle School Mission Statement
We, the faculty, staff, parents, and students at Woodrow Wilson Middle School pledge to create a learning environment that ensures students meet or exceed state academic standards. We will have an environment that promotes skills and behaviors which enhance self-esteem and respect for one's self and the community.
Principal - Rosalind Henderson
Assistant Principal - Matthew Woods
Parents are asked to cooperate in having students dress and groom appropriately for school. General guidelines for appearance are in the Student Code of Conduct Standards and Expectations for Student Behavior K-12.
1. Shorts, dresses, and skirts must be knee length and not tight or revealing in any way.
2. See-through shirts, tank tops, net tops, bare midriffs or backs, low cut tops that expose cleavage, halter tops, pajamas, etc. are not appropriate for school. Undergarments should not be visible.
3. No hats, scarves, headbands, hoods, picks, combs, rollers, or other headgear except for bona fide religious reasons will be allowed.
4. Chains, spiked jewelry, or other jewelry symbolizing drugs, sex violence, or hate of any person or group is not permitted. Jewelry of any sort should not be worn in physical education class.
5. Bedroom slippers, roller shoes, or other footwear that may pose a safety concern may not be worn to school.
6. NO FLIP FLOPS permitted.
7. No outside coats, oversized sweatshirts, vests, or outerwear will be permitted in class. Hooded shirts are strongly discouraged. Students should wear sweaters or sweatshirts if needed for the winter months.
8. Clothing that advertises alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gangs, or hate of any person or group is not allowed. This includes clothing with inappropriate language, pictures, and or insinuations.
9. Book bags, backpacks, and coats create a space and safety issue and should be locked in the locker during class time.
10. Pants must be belted or worn at the waist so that undergarments or skin is not exposed.
11. Makeup or hair design that is distracting is not permitted in class.
Back to School Night
Join us August 14th from 5:30 - 8pm
for parents and students to meet the teachers
Friday, August 15, 2014
1:00PM- Open House for all
Back to School Extravaganza at WFHS
Saturday August 16th, 9:00 - 12:00 pm:
First Day of School
First day of school for the 2014-2015 school year is Monday, August 18th.
Student fees are $15 for the 2014-2015 school year.
Picking up your Child
Parents please remember to bring your photo ID when checking out your student.